How to Bake Cupcakes
Cupcakes are delicious and they are smaller than normal cakes. They may look similar to muffins, but actually, they are very different: cucakes are ligher and always has frostings and decorations.
- powdered sugar
- baking soda
- and... bourbon
- Gather your ingredients... of course.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and place the baking cups in 24 regular-sized muffin cups.
- Mix flour, granulated sugar, and salt with a whisk in a large bow. Set this aside when done.
- Heat one cup of butter, water, and three tablespoons of baking cocoa to boiling, using a one-quart saucepan.
- Remove the heat and pour into the flour mixture. Mix, and add buttermilk, baking soda, vanilla, bourbon, and eggs. Fold in chopped pecans and divide the batter evenly among muffic cups, and only fill them two-thirds full. Bake this for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Gather your ingredients for frosting: milk, powdered sugar, bourbon, butter, and cocoa powder.
- Use one-quart saucepan and heat butter, baking cocoa, and milk to simmering. Remove them from heat in powdered sugar and bourbon. Spoon warm icing over warm cupcakes and top with pecan halves.
This recipe came from www.bettycrocker.com.